When we arrived to Bethel, all of our children cried with us for hours and hours. Although, it was midnight, they kept weeping as if someone in the family passed away. I realized that it is the consequences of this massive earthquake for the first time they went through. The condition of the living of our Bethel family makes me cry because the things inside and outside is not in order. The things spread out around, are broken, damaged. The scarcities of water, foods, electricity continue. The aftershocks continue until today. In a very short time, I also have experienced several aftershocks. It is quiet powerful yet. The schools, commercial places, some governmental offices have been kept close due to the progressive aftershocks and damages of the property. I cannot imagine or describe the situation of our children in certain words.
The eyes of our Son, Nirajan, were deeply injured due aftershock yesterday. He tried to runaway of the house but he faced against the wall. We brought him teaching hospital and got surgery. Please pray for him.
Yesterday, I went around and found that hundreds of houses collapsed in earthquake. People are living in the tent with their family. There is mourning for their loved ones who died in earthquake. More than 8000 died, thousands of animal also died. There is fear of plague to hit Kathmandu and other affected places. Now, Nepal looks wretched.
I visited our Samdan family and was also able to capture some photos of Bethel and of the houses of our Samdan’s believers.
I have attached them here with this letter.
These are very urgent need to be met for Bethel. I have tried to describe and list them down.
The damaged and need of Bethel:
- The earthquake destroyed the main entrance gate and walls of the Bethel building around and needs to rebuild it.
- The earthquake destroyed black water tank. We cannot store in water anymore. We need to buy new one.
- Our Refrigerator, gas stoves, water filter (Euro guard) has been damaged, broken. They fell down when quake hit. Our family have been using kerosene stoves in cooking which is very difficult. We need to buy all new.
- The earthquake damaged our big reserved water tank, which earthquake moved it from its original place. We need to fix it.
- The interior wiring of the electricity in our house is damaged. All the wires, main switch, plugs and other devices cannot function. We need to replace it all the house wiring new. The electrician says it will take time to fix the entire problem with house wiring. We are leaving in a dark night. Meantime and for beyond, we will have to buy a Solar power which is good for Bethel all the time if there is no supply of electricity.
- All the doors and windows, lucks are not in proper place. We cannot close it. We need materials and carpenters to fix it properly.
- The earthquake destroyed our computer, fell down from the table and cannot be repaired. We need to buy it.
The need of Samdan:
Condolence: One of our church leaders, Kul Bahadur Lamichane lost his brother and sister in-law in earthquake on the first hit of earthquake. It was truly sad for us. The earthquake destroyed his house. Rest of his family are living in the tent with the scarcity of food, water, sanitation and electricity.
- The earthquake destroyed other five houses of Samdan’s believers namely the house of Prakash, Ritesh, Dhanlan, Gambu Sherpa, Maiya Lamichane, and Suman Napit. They need of our help to rebuild their houses.
- The earthquake destroyed our generator in the church. We need to buy the new one.
- The earthquake destroyed the walls inside of the church, and needs to maintain them.
Aside from our needs, I wish to provide the tents, rice, for the most damaged families in the community if possible.
Thank you so much !
Please pray for me, as I will have to do huge works here in Bethel, Samdan and in the community around.
Yours in Him