MESSAGE TO MINISTERS, HOME MISSIONARIES, SESSION CLERKS, TREASURERS, COM SECRETARIES AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
This announcement is for the information of all churches in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains and Central Coast:
The NSW government has announced the following restrictions from 11.59pm tonight until 11:59pm Wednesday December 23:
- Household gatherings will be limited to 10 visitors
- The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor settings including hospitality venues and places of worship
- A cap of 300 people will apply for hospitality venues and places of worship
- Singing and chanting at indoor venues will not be allowed
- Dancefloors will not be permitted, except for weddings, when a maximum of 20 from the bridal party will be permitted
- People are also being asked not to visit aged care facilities until 11.59pm on Wednesday.
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said an update will be provided on Wednesday ahead of Christmas.
“We realise the effect this will have on residents and venues, and hope to lift the cap and restrictions as soon as possible,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“But we must take this action now to ensure we keep on top of this outbreak.”
If your church is in the Northern Beaches the Public Health (COVID-19 Northern Beaches) Order 2020 contains directions on staying at home, entering the Northern Beaches, public gatherings, exempted gatherings and places that are closed. The Order commenced at 5.02 pm on 19 December and is repealed at the end of 23 December 2020.
A person must not be away from their place of residence or short-term accommodation in the Northern Beaches, without a reasonable excuse. A reasonable excuse includes the need to do the following activities:
- To obtain food or other goods or services for the personal needs of the person’s household, or other household purposes (including for pets) or for vulnerable persons
- To travel for work purposes, if the person cannot work from home, and to travel to and from a school or other educational institution
- To exercise
- To obtain medical care or supplies, or to fulfil carer’s responsibilities
A person must not enter the Northern Beaches unless they have a reasonable excuse. A reasonable excuse includes entering the Northern Beaches to:
- Go to the person’s place of residence in the Northern Beaches
- Travel through the Northern Beaches in a vehicle if the person does not leave the vehicle while in the area
- Do any of the activities that people living or staying on the Northern Beach may leave home to do, except for exercising
Public gatherings are limited to 2 persons, with certain exceptions. A number of premises and places are directed to close.
For more information visit the NSW Government website https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/public-health-orders.aspx#nb
Please uphold all those affected by these changes in your prayers, and we pray that the infection rate will stabilise so that these restrictions are lifted ahead of Christmas.
Jeoffrey R Falls
General Manager | Chief Executive Officer